Online Instructions and Recommendations for Climate Action Teams (CATs)
Create Your Gmail Address
- Go to Gmail.
- Click “Create An Account” on the top right-hand side of the page.
Fill out all listed information.
- Use the email address: yourcongregation [dot] cat [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Use the point persons’ personal information in this section. Whoever’s information is used will appear as author of all Gmail messages.
*Note: If your point person changes, you can change the author of your Gmail messages. For instructions on this step, contact unitednations [at] uua [dot] org.
- Google will ask you for a phone number and then will inform you, either through a voice or text message, what your confirmation number is. Please enter your received confirmation number.
- Google will ask about a profile. Ignore and do not press next step. Simply close your window’s browser!
- To access your Gmail account, go back to Gmail and log in using your new username and password.
- Post on your blog at least twice a month with news, announcements, and discussions.
Include general information about your Climate Change Initiative (CAT) and its work including:
- Your CAT’s strategic plan.
- Issues that your CAT is focused on.
- Include photos and videos of your CAT.
- Use your blog to interact with other CAT blog.
Create Your Blog Using Google Blogger
Note, CATs are not required, but encouraged to use Google Blogger to create their own blog.
- Go to Blogger and sign in using your CAT Gmail username and password.
- Under the Confirm Your Profile Section click “Create a limited Blogger profile.” Do not create a Google+ account!
- You will be asked to create a Display Name. The Climate Change Initiative (CCI) suggests that you chose the name: Your Congregation Climate Action Team.
- At the bottom of the page click the box under “Email Notifications” if you would like to have email notifications sent from Blogger to your Gmail address.
- Click continue to Blogger.
- Click “New Blog” towards the top left of the page.
- Chose a title for your Blog. CCI suggests that you also title your blog “Your Congregation Climate Action Team.”
- Chose your address. CCI suggests: yourcongregationcat.
- Blogger will take you back to your main Blogger profile page. You will see at the top of this page your new blog title with a number of options. Click “View Blog” on the far right side.
If you are satisfied with this simple blog design click “New Post ”. If you would like to further design your blog click “Design ” Both are located on the top right hand side of your page.
- For further instructions about designing and posting on your blog, contact unitednations [at] uua [dot] org.
Visit the UU-UNO Climate Change Initiative Page
The Climate Change Initiative is currently developing resources and programs that CATs can utilize and participate in. CCI is continuously developing programs such as the ‘Quarter or More Challenge’ in which participants track the number of community members they persuade to power their home or business with one quarter or more clean energy. In addition to these projects the CCI is continuously developing a number of resources such as Climate Change Religious Education curriculum and tools for remaining politically involved. CCI will contact all CATs as these resources are finalized and on the Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) website.
By participating in these Unitarian Universalist (UU) community wide projects and utilizing CCI online resources CATs will both gain tools to act more effectively within their community and strengthen the network of UUs acting to address climate change.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.