National Coalition Groups
Faith for Health (sponsored by Faithful America)
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) is part of this coalition of more than 25 faith-based organizations to raise a powerful religious voice for just and equitable healthcare reform.
UU State Advocacy Networks Working on Healthcare Reform
- CA: Unitarian Universalist (UU) Legislative Ministry, California
- NH: UU Action Network of New Hampshire
- MD: UU Legislative Ministry of Maryland
- MI: Michigan UU Social Justice Network
- NY: Interfaith Impact of New York State [An interfaith network with significant UU involvement]
- PA: UU Pennsylvania Legislative Advocacy Network
- TX: Texas Impact [An interfaith network with significant UU involvement]
- WA: Washington State Unitarian Universalist Voices for Justice
Other Unitarian Universalist Groups
Unitarian Universalists for a Just Economic Community (UUJEC) sponsored an Action of Immediate Witness for Single Payor Health Care at last year's General Assembly. To learn more about what you can do, visit the UUJEC campaign page.
The UUA Committee on Socially Responsible Investing (CSRI) passed a Responsive Resolution at last year's General Assembly on involving corporations through shareholder engagement to become partners in reforming health care. CSRI is working with the Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) on this initiative. See ICCR's Access to Health Care Resources.
Many interfaith congregation-based community organizations (CBCO) are working on health care reform. Find a CBCO near you (PDF).
For more information contact la_womensissues @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, August 23, 2011.