Welcome to the Southern Region of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (UUA). The Florida, Mid-South, Southeast, and Southwest districts of the UUA have united as the UUA's Southern Region. We have consolidated our staff and efforts to equip our congregations with the effective leadership and training they need to build and nurture strong, dynamic congregations for the 21st century throughout the South.
The Southern Region’s Primary Contact program was designed to give every congregation a personal "go-to" contact when it needs one. This program will also provide you a means of establishing an ongoing relationship with one of the Region’s Congregational Life staff members. Your Minister or President is invited to contact your Primary Contact with any celebrations, questions or concerns.
Of course, the entire Region staff is ready to respond when needed, but our hope is that you and your Primary Contact will build knowledge of one another, and that your ministry as a Unitarian Universalist congregation will be supported in new and valuable ways as we together move our dynamic faith forward.
- Rev. Kenn Hurto
khurto [at] uua [dot] org
Congregational Life Consultants
- Rev. Carlton Smith: Cluster Development & Beyond Congregations
csmith [at] uua [dot] org (csmith @ uua.org)
- Christine Purcell: Transitions & Communication cpurcell [at] uua [dot] org
- Connie Goodbread: Conflict & Leadership Development
cgoodbread [at] uua [dot] org (cgoodbread @ uua.org)
- Rev. Dawn Cooley: dcooley [at] uua [dot] org
- Kathy McGowan: Cluster & Leadership Development
kmcgowan [at] uua [dot] org (kmcgowan @ uua.org)
- Rev. Kenn Hurto: Regional Lead, Administration & Large Congregations
khurto [at] uua [dot] org (khurto @ uua.org)
- Natalie Briscoe: Faith Development & Emerging Congregations
nbriscoe [at] uua [dot] org (nbriscoe @ uua.org)
- Jessica Curren, Congregational Connections jcurren [at] uua [dot] org
- Kathy Charles, Event Coordination kcharles [at] uua [dot] org