Don't Link to Empty or 'Under Construction' Pages
Don't create pages (or links to pages) that have no content or that are "under construction." Publishing pages that are empty creates credibility issues.
There are two good options to minimize user frustration:
- Provide a basic page with some or all of the following:
- Simple, relevant information
- Contact information so the visitor can follow up
- Sample of the future content
- An invitation to return on a certain date (be sure to post a date you can honor with more complete information)
- A way to be notified when the new content is posted
- Don't post the information at all. Just wait until the new content is complete, and post it then.