Sample Questions, and Looking for Answers in Google Analytics
Before Looking for Answers, Define the Questions
To get started, choose one page that’s important to you, and name one or two major goals for that page: what do you want people to do?
What defines success?
- How many different people see the page?
- How long people stay on the page, or in the section?
- Whether they…
- Click on a particular link?
- Share the page?
- Watch a video?
- Download a PDF?
- Send an email?
- Complete a form?
- Search for a congregation?
- Make a donation?
What might constitute failure?
- Search for a question you thought you’d answered?
- Leave UUA.org?
- Fail to perform any particular mark of success?
Sample Questions and Directions to the Answers
- How are visitors using my pages?
- Am I creating effective content?
- How do people use a particular feature on our site?
- Through analytics, could we establish best practices for arranging website content?
- Could we create an ongoing system of reporting?
- Who are the visitors to UUA.org?
- What external sites are sending folks to UUA.org, and to which pages?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.