Navigating Google Analytics
Navigating the reports in Google Analytics can seem a bit overwhelming. Sure, it's exciting and exhilarating to have access to such a vast quantity of information, but how do you pull meaning from that wealth?
Before exploring Google with the help of the introductory guides below, think of one page that's important to you, and one or two goals for that page. Having a target question in mind will help make sense of all the tools you'll encounter.
- Data Over Time
- Rows, Columns, and Chart Types: Dimensions and Metrics
- Goal Sets
- Exporting Data
- Saving and Sharing Reports
- Different Sets of Users: Advanced Segments
- Where People Look & Click: In-Page Analytics
On Lynda.com's Google Analytics Essential Training, watch Visitor Reports:
For more information contact analytics @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, September 12, 2012.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Introduction to Google Analytics