UU Racial Justice Gathering, Capital Cluster 2017
Type of event: Training
We invite you to engage with UUs from the Capital Cluster as we explore UU multicultural ministries. We are being called to address White Supremacy and diversity in our movement. Together we will share the stories and photos from our own congregations and begin to strategize around skills and actions for growing our multicultural ministries and partnerships. We encourage you to make sure your congregation is represented for this event to help further our racial justice work in the Greater Washington, DC Cluster.
- To build on work that has recently been done in congregations, the DMV area and in the UUA relating to the racial justice issues and the Black Lives Matter Movement.
- To engage participants in documenting their recent congregational racial justice history overall with emphasis on how they have related to and engaged in the Black Lives Matter Movement. Bring photos
- To increase and deepen the theological dialogue on how covenanting and accountability shapes the racial and social justice history of UU churches, including
- To engage participants in understanding multicultural competencies and to elicit their knowledge about how to better equip UU congregations to develop their skills for community engagement, dismantling racism and white supremacy and long term cultural change in UU institutions.
- To bring together people who would support and perhaps serve on a UU racial justice council in the Greater Washington Area.
Cost is $15.00 for lunch. Scholarships are available upon request to by emailing Paula Cole Jones at pcolejones [at] gmail [dot] com (If requesting a scholarship, do not register online).
Registration deadline is May 4th. Please contact the registrar, Paula Cole Jones at pcolejones [at] gmail [dot] com to register after the form closes if space allows.