Stepping Up to Supervision
Type of event: Training
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
With Susan Beaumont.
The training will meet from 9:00-4:30 on May 4 and 5.
- Develop an understanding of supervision as performance management
- Examine the interface between covenantal and employment relationships
- Understand the importance of a job description and learn how to design one
- Explore techniques for setting performance expectations
- Practice writing performance goals
- Role play performance feedback conversations
- Distinguish between 3 types of feedback conversations: the daily check-in, the quarterly goals update and the annual performance appraisal
- Learn to deal with the chronic underperformers
- Explore the process of progressive discipline, leading to termination
Cost: Sliding Scale - includes program, lunches and digital workbook.
*Note - please remember that for the sliding scale to work, as many people have to volunteer to pay more as ask to pay less.
- $175 (suggested for seminary students and educators)
- $200 (suggested for ministers serving less than full time)
- $225 (suggested for ministers serving full time)
Early Bird Bonus! Each person that registers by March 15 will receive a free copy of Susan's book “When Moses Meets Aaron: Staffing and Supervision in Congregations.” Later registrants will have an opportunity to purchase the book for $20 at the event.
Registration opens on January 25th and the deadline is May 1. We have a cap of 60 participants for this event.
If the form is no longer accepting registrations and we are not yet to the registration deadline, please email the registrar at jconway [at] uua [dot] org to be placed on the waiting list.
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the
Hyatt House, 194 Park Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960. T: 973.775.3258
Registrants must make their own arrangements for housing with the hotel prior to April 6, 2017
One-Bedroom Suites $129.00 per night
Two-Bedroom Suites $179.00 per night
To register as part of the blog, call the hotel directly or by calling the toll free number: 866-974-9288 and asking for the Unitarian Universalist Association block.