Lay Pastoral Care Training
Type of event: Training
Join us for embodied learning about:
- Creating and managing a congregationally-based pastoral care team
- Fundamental principles and skills of pastoral care-giving
- Active listening
- Visiting in institutional settings
- Understanding the dynamics of grief and loss
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Creating healthy boundaries
- Managing stress and taking care of yourself
Cost is $40 per person and covers the workshop, lunch and snacks.
Registration Deadline is May 10, 2017
Led by Rev. ReBecca Sala, UU minister and Manager of Pastoral Care at Stamford Hospital, ReBecca specializes in behavioral health, oncology and trauma chaplaincy. She is the Affiliated Community Minister with the UU Fellowship of Northern Westchester in Mount Kisco NY.
- Sign-in and morning snacks 9:30-10:00
- Programming 10:00-3:00
- Lunch Break 1:00-1:30
- Wholesome lunch and snacks (some vegan items) provided.