UU Athens and Sheshequin hiring part-time Interim Youth Religious Education Coordinator
UU Athens and Sheshequin is hiring an interim Teacher/Coordinator for their Children's Religious Education Program to lead their program while our current Coordinator is on a leave of absence. Interim coordinator will have an opportunity for training with the current coordinator in the first weeks.
UUAS is a small congregation with a one-room schoolhouse style program. Children are ages 4-10, and average attendance is 1-5 students. Classes last about 45 minutes during the 10:00 hour on Sunday mornings, and an adult volunteer assists the teacher.
The position is 5 hours per week, including 3 hours on Sunday mornings, for 4 months (mid-August to mid-December). Starting pay is $15/hour.
The ideal candidate will have good organizational skills, some college training, and classroom experience with elementary-school-age children.
If offered the position, candidates must pass PA background checks required by law.
The candidate does not have to be a Unitarian Universalist but must be comfortable teaching UU values and principles (see www.uua.org/beliefs).
Tasks may include:
- Coordinate the lesson and teacher schedule
- Recruit volunteers
- Teach as needed
- Welcome new families, help orient them to the program
- Support community-building among the parents, children and teachers
- Make sure volunteers have the supplies they need
- Convene and attend YRE Team meetings
- Participate in professional training as possible
- Meet regularly with the Parish Minister
- Other tasks toward the coordination and promotion of program as time allows
Interested parties should e-mail resume and cover letter to minister [at] uucas [dot] org
Learn more about the congregation at www.uucas.org