Ministerial Search & Settlement
- Going Online with the Settlement System
A succinct guide to using the online Ministerial Settlement System.
- Responsible Staffing: Helping You Create Safe Congregations for Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Adults
- The Settlement Handbook (PDF, 53 pages)
An essential resource for both ministers and congregations in search.
- The Resource Guide for Ministerial Search Committees
A smorgasbord of practical resources for the ministerial search committee and a supplement to the Settlement Handbook.
- Joint Recommendations Concerning Ministerial Agreements (PDF, 21 pages)
Describes the issues to be considered by congregations and ministers in drafting documents descriptive of the relationship between them; includes two model agreements.
- Church Staff Compensation
Essential material on ministerial and church staff compensation.
- Notice of Call (Online Form)
To be completed by the governing board once the congregation’s call to a minister has been extended and accepted.
- Conducting an Effective Ministerial Search Survey
Good counsel on survey design from Dr. Paul Riedesel, a member of First Unitarian Society of Minneapolis.
- Ministerial Settlement Representative Report Forms
- Ministerial Search Committee Retreat Guide (PDF, 28 pages)
Compiled by Revs. Joan Schneider and Bets Wienecke, MSRs. Also available within the Resource Guide.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.