Preparing to Interview with the RSCC
The aspirant must interview with one of the Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy (RSCC) to achieve candidate status. During the interview the RSCC may grant candidate status, postpone candidacy or deny candidacy.
Prior to scheduling an interview with the RSCC, the aspirant provides the required Interview Documentation, and has his or her career assessment report sent directly to the Ministerial Credentialing Office.
The materials for the RSCC interview includes all aspirant paperwork plus the following:
- Career Assessment Report
- Official Transcripts, undergraduate and graduate
- One-page essays from two of the following topics:
- Why did you choose to prepare for Unitarian Universalist (UU) ministry?
- How do you hope to serve the UU movement?
- What excites you about UU ministry?
- What is your vision of your work two years after fellowship?
- CPE evaluations (if available)
- Internship evaluation forms (if available)
- Names of four references, with email address and phone numbers included, one of whom should be the minister of the individual’s own congregation, if possible.
For more information contact mco @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
- Job Openings
- Congregational Staff & Volunteers
- Benefit Plans & Compensation
- Music Leadership
- Religious Educators
- One and One E-News