Preparing to Interview with the RSCC
The aspirant must interview with one of the Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy (RSCC) to achieve candidate status. During the interview the RSCC may grant candidate status or postpone candidacy.
Prior to scheduling an interview with the RSCC, the aspirant must arrange to have his or her career assessment report sent directly to the Ministerial Credentialing Office.
The materials for the RSCC interview includes all aspirant paperwork plus the following:
- Career Assessment Report
- Official Transcripts, undergraduate and graduate
One-page essays from two of the following topics:
- Why did you choose to prepare for Unitarian Universalist (UU) ministry?
- How do you hope to serve the UU movement?
- What excites you about UU ministry?
- What is your vision of your work two years after fellowship?
Please remember to include your name, page numbers (1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc.), and date to all pages of your essays.
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) evaluations (if available)
- Internship evaluation forms (if available)
Contact information for four references*, emailed as a word document, to include the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
Please remember to include your name and date on the reference page.
*One reference should be from the minister from the aspirant's home congregation, if possible.
For more information contact email@example.com.