Fair Compensation for Congregations
The 1995 Unitarian Universalist General Assembly (GA) called upon congregations to provide fair compensation, including benefits, to all staff. Congregations of all sizes have done so, and are formalizing procedures and implementing best employment practices as they recognize the importance of being a responsible employer and encourage others to move toward that goal.
Compensation Consultants, Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)-trained volunteers, are available to consult with congregations regarding fair compensation and other issues. Volunteer to serve as a generalist or specialist consultant; express interest by Thursday, August 1, 2013.
- Guidelines for Congregations
- UUA Salary Recommendations
- Complete the Self-Assessment Worksheet (PDF) to determine if your congregation is a Fair Compensation Congregation.
- Levels of Fair Compensation Congregations: Leadership, Practicing or Committed
- Standardized job descriptions for congregational positions, like Senior Minister, Religious Educator, or Business Administrator.
- 1995 UUA Board Recommendations regarding fair compensation
- Principles of Compensation Management for Unitarian Universalist (UU) Organizations
- Minister's FICA
- Offering Insurance (Health Insurance and Group Insurance Plans)
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation Policy
- Professional Expenses
- Continuing Education Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Are you a transitioning minister who needs to transfer benefits to a new congregation?
- Do you need to calculate ministerial compensation (Excel)?
- Do you need additional information?
For more information contact email@example.com.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, June 17, 2013.
- Job Openings
- Congregational Staff & Volunteers
- Benefit Plans & Compensation
- Billing for Insurance Plans
- Insurance and Employee Changes
- Transitioning Benefits
- UUA Health Plan
- Group Insurance
- Fair Compensation
- Finances/ Taxes
- Ministerial Aid Funds
- Music Leadership
- Religious Educators
- One and One E-News