Fair Compensation for Congregations
So much of our faith and mission is based in our care for others; we start with our own congregations to ensure that all Unitarian Universalist (UU)-based staff can provide for themselves and those close to them. The 1995 Unitarian Universalist General Assembly (GA) called upon congregations to provide fair compensation, including benefits, to all staff. Congregations of all sizes have done so, and are formalizing procedures and implementing best employment practices as they recognize the importance of being a responsible employer and encourage others to move toward that goal.
Compensation Consultants are Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)-trained volunteers available to consult with congregations on compensation and benefits. Find a Compensation Consultant and learn more about what they do.
Guidelines and Assessment
- Fair Compensation Guidelines (PDF, 7 pages)
- Complete the Self-Assessment Worksheet (PDF) to determine if your congregation is a Fair Compensation Congregation.
- Capsule Job Descriptions for Congregational Positions (PDF)
- Geo Indices for 2016 (PDF)
- Salary Recommendations for Congregational Positions
- Salary Recommendations for Ministerial Interns
Additional Compensation and Benefits Recommendations
- Minister's FICA
- Offering Insurance (Health Insurance and Group Insurance Plans)
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation Policy
- Professional Expenses
- Continuing Education Policy
- Personnel Policy
Additional Financial Information
- Do you need additional information?