River Road Unitarian Church Pastoral Care Team Mission and Covenant
In the spirit of our first UU principle, "to affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every person, we strive to convey in manners dependable, inclusive and discreet a ministry of hope and caring so that no member of-our congregation need be alone.
We covenant to the congregation of the River Road Unitarian Church:
To work with our ministers, religious education director, the community network, anti the neighborhoods in a continuing process to cherish and care for all members of our church community,
- Visit the ill at home or in the hospital.
- Support those going through a life crisis.
- Maintain contact with those unable to attend church due to illness or disability.
- Support friends and family involved in care giving,
- Comfort the bereaved.
- We will be on call and available for the next two years.
- We will support the next Pastoral Care Team to ensure a continuity of pastoral care presence in the congregation.
- Pastoral Care Team members covenant to each other.
- To give mutual support, fellowship, and advice.
- To invest time and effort to help each other towards spiritual growth and enrichment.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, May 4, 2011.
- Creating a Lay Pastoral Care Team
- Basic Concepts
- Team Selection
- Team Training
- Mission Statement
- Get People to Ask for Help
- The Coordinator
- RRUC Mission & Covenant
- Joys Program
- Meals & Transportation
- Buddy System
- Medical Equipment
- Visiting the Ill
- Death/ Bereavement
- Educational Resources
- Life Crises
- Protocol for a Death
- The Value of Covenant Groups
- Nurturing Your Spiritual Life
- Addictions Ministry
- Congregational Stories
- GA Presentations