F. Additional Information and References: Congregations and the IRS Guidelines on Advocacy, Lobbying, and Elections
Internal Revenue Service
- Revenue Ruling 2007-41, 2007-25 I.R.B. (June 18, 2007).
- Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations. Publication 1828 (Rev. 9-2006).
- Election Year Activities and the Prohibition on Political Campaign Intervention for Section 501(c)(3) Organizations. Publication FS-2006-17, February 2006
- Lobbying Issues in Exempt Organizations Judith E. Kindell & John F. Reilly. Continuing Professional Education Technical Instruction Program for Fiscal Year 1997, 277 n.20 (1996).
The Alliance for Justice
The Interfaith Alliance and The Interfaith Alliance Foundation
- Minnesota Participation Project: Election Cycle Dos and Don'ts for 501(c)(3) Organizations
The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
- Politics and the Pulpit 2008
For more information contact socialjustice @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, September 13, 2012.
- Legislative Advocacy
- A People So Bold: DVD Guide
- Congregational Resolution Guide
- Congregational Stories
- Effective Congregational Programs
- Funding & Awards
- GA Presentations
- Grassroots Organizing
- Public Witness
- Social Justice Empowerment
- Young Adult Spirituality & Service
- Real Rules