Supplies Needed for a Social Justice Empowerment Workshop
These supplies are to be provided by the congregation for a workshop.
- Copies of the Social Justice Empowerment Handbook. It is formatted to be easily printed and bound at a local copy center.
- Two packets of large easel paper.
- Two easels for the paper.
- A variety of large size, dark colored marking pens.
- Masking tape for tacking up the easel paper. Or purchase Post-It easel paper.
- Packets of three by five index cards. To determine the number necessary, take the number of participants and multiply by two.
- Some pencils and pens (for those people who forget to bring something to write with).
- Name tags for each person.
- Food and beverages for snacks and lunch. Please be as environmentally friendly as possible by using recyclable and re-usable items.
- A tape player/CD player and music tapes/CDs (optional).
If the workshop is held on both Friday night and Saturday morning, please purchase two sets of name tags. That way there will be extras for people who forget to bring them on Saturday morning.
For more information contact socialjustice @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, August 24, 2011.
- Legislative Advocacy
- A People So Bold: DVD Guide
- Congregational Resolution Guide
- Congregational Stories
- Effective Congregational Programs
- Funding & Awards
- GA Presentations
- Grassroots Organizing
- Public Witness
- Social Justice Empowerment
- Young Adult Spirituality & Service
- Real Rules