Guidelines for an Environmentally Friendly Gathering
Can be distributed with registration materials.
Many people experience serious illness, sometimes life-threatening, from exposure to chemical products, including fragrances, personal care and maintenance products, fragrance emission devises and systems, pesticides, wall and floor coverings, and building materials.
We request that you refrain from using or bringing scented products here, so that unnecessary chemical exposures will not prevent safe access to this gathering for people with chemical sensitivities.
To create the most comfortable environment possible, we ask you to:
- Use non-scented body products (e.g. lotion and shampoo)
- Refrain from using perfume, cologne, essential oils, and other fragrances
- Allow recently dry-cleaned clothing to air before wearing it
- Use only non-scented laundry products on clothing you wear here
To create a safer and more comfortable environment, the organizers are:
- Using non-scented soap in the restrooms
- Using least toxic cleaning products, disinfectants
- Removing or foil-wrapping fragrance-emission devices in the restrooms
- Using non-scented or beeswax candles in our chalices and rituals
- Not scheduling pesticide application or carpet shampooing prior to this meeting
If you plan to attend this gathering and you have specific sensitivities, please let us know in advance so we can our best to accommodate your needs.